Free online HR advice for charities
Many small to medium-sized charities do not have an HR professional within their team, but they may need to manage complex employment situations while complying with employment legislation.
HRNet provides a solution to charities and social enterprises without the expense. It offers specific advice as well as a fortnightly briefing on employment issues.
Joining HRNet is free for any registered charity or other formally constituted non-profit with a charitable purpose.
- A regular email newsletter with up-to-date information on employment legislation and practice
- Shared experience of employment issues with other voluntary organisations
- Answers to specific employment questions from HR professionals
- An information archive of employment information, guidance, and good practice
- Access to 1000's of model HR documents, including ones that are GDPR compliant
Model GDPR documents
If you are a member of HRNet, you can access a range of model documents on data protection. These documents are produced by XpertHR and have been fully updated to be compliant with GDPR:
- Data protection policy
- Register of HR-related personal data
- Employee privacy notice
- Form for making a subject access request
- Job applicant privacy notice
- Letter responding to subject access request asking for more information
- Letter extending time to respond to a subject access request
- Letter refusing subject access request or asking for an administrative fee
- Letter responding to subject access request providing requested information
- Register of subject access requests
- Confidentiality agreement
Please note: Due to differences in English and Scottish employment law, HRNet is not available in Scotland.
Our terms and conditions for using the HRNet service and a volunteer code of practice are available to view and download.